Although, procrastination, maybe, one of the most significant, concerning, behaviors, most people, often, fall – back – on, one of the key challenges, to overcoming this tendency, is to be ready, willing, prepared, and able, to START! We often, say, procrastinating is, putting – off, until tomorrow, what they should have done, today, in most cases, this goes – on, for much longer, and, in – fact, it means addressing perceived obstacles, as soon as possible, proactively, instead of constantly, delaying, and procrastinating! After, over four decades of conducting hundreds of personal development, and self – help/self-growth, programs, seminars, and consultations, I strongly believe, the greatest obstacles, often, arise, because, some focus – on, what might go wrong, and in a negative way, and seem satisfied, with remaining, within the self – imposed, restrictions of their comfort zone, proceeding, with only, the same – old, same – old, ways! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, and review, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it is so important, if you hope, to become the best, you may be!
- Strengths/ stronger; see options; solutions; strategy; sustainable: Begin by giving yourself, a thorough, check – up, from the neck – up, and fully understand both, your personal strengths, and weaknesses, using every area of strength, to become stronger, and better, while addressing every area of weakness, proactively! One must consider various options and alternatives, and proceed, with a strategy, to create viable solutions, which are relevant, and sustainable!
- Truth/ trust; tendencies: Just, as, you shouldn’t and wouldn’t trust others. if they didn’t tell the truth, demand no – less, from yourself! Discover your personal tendencies, and whether, they serve your best interests, in, both, the immediate, as well as longer – run, and proceed, accordingly!
- Attitude; aptitude; attention; actions: You can think you can, or can’t. Either way, you’ll be correct! Only, when/ if, you proceed, consistently, with a well – considered, positive, can – do, attitude, but, without wearing, rose – colored glasses, will you be able to pay keen attention, to how to best, personally, proceed, forward, and at the present time! Never delay taking actions, based on your fears, because, necessary action, delayed, often, makes things, far – worse!
- Relevant; realistic; reasoning; responsive: Attempt to make your reasoning, and rationale, as responsive to your best interests, as possible! Proceed, in a relevant, and realistic way, in a proactive manner!
- Timely; time – tested; trends: Determine the obstacle, and consider it, a challenge, to overcome, instead of a problem! Proceed, in a well – considered, timely way, aligning that, with taking advantage of time – tested, knowledge and expertise, and a willingness to evaluate current trends, and using those, which help your cause!
Avoid procrastination, by being ready, willing and able, to effectively, START, instead of remaining within your personal comfort zone! It’s up to you!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead
Article Source: To Avoid Procrastinating, You Must START!